1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

210 115 vers 410 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by canadian*eh, Mar 25, 2006.

1. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    hwy guy's i have a question for you.i am looking at eather a 210 115 combo or a 410 115 combo.what i was wondering ig is if the 210 115 combo with a gk 1001rb would be able to fill medium to large room and a handle a loow b good enough...or would i want to go with a 410 115 fullstack instead.i am running a 210 210 combo right now and want somthing that handle's a low b good even with out pa suport.hope you guy's can help.thank'x

2. Good day Eh! I'm Bob McKenzie and ......... :)

I believe either combo would work. I used to use a 115 and 410 combination, but that was only because I preferred the sound over the 115 210 combo. They were Ampeg cabs and I did not like the sound from the 210. I tried an Eden 210 and 115 combination several times and really loved that sound, but that was after I bought my Ampegs.
    Bottom line (no pun intended), try both and see which one feels better for you.... yes, not a great ending, sorry.

good luck

3. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    hey thankx for the responce.I just picked up my ne setup yesterday.(gk 1001rb head ,swr goilath jr.III and a swr SOB)the only reason i went with the 210 115 setup at this time was the money.but i have to say it does sound very nice.thankx though for you responce.one day i will have my 410 115 setup...but for now i am really loving this new setup.if anyboady else has anything they would like to add fill free.thankx Cheer's Mate

4. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The 2x10 is a lot easier to carry, and for me usually provides enough 10" speaker bite and punch to balance the 115.

I find the output of a good 1x15 to be somewhere in between that of a 2x10 and 4x10, its just a question of if you want to hear more 15 or more 10.

Sounds like a great rig you've got there!

5. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    yeah i really liking the more i try it,and am really happy to have complet set of swr cab's.my 210 was still has the old style spekled grill(per fender) so i just orderd a new crome one so i will have a nice mataching system....can't wait!!!I ran a 210 210 setup befor and i can really tell the difference with the 115....even though i may not hear the low b (which i do)...i can sure fill it.So i am as happy as a pig in mud so to speak.Happy Birthday to me!!!!

6. Excellent! Happy Birthday to you!
    I myself love the big 15" speaker.
    Enjoy

7. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Thank's.Well my Bday is not untell friday...so i guess i should say happy early birthday to me...:D.....well thank's to my wife...hehe