210 + 212 Aguilar or Epifani?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skunkrawk, Nov 16, 2004.

1. skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    I currently use an Avatar cab setup (210 + 212 4 ohms each) but eventually I would like to upgrade. People seem to rave about Bergantino, Epifani, and Aguilar the most from what I've read. I checked out Bergi's site but noticed they didn't offer a 212 and I was looking to get a 212 + 210 setup like the one I'm using now. So, what are the pros and cons of this setup with either Aguilar or Epifani cabs (or any other brands you have to suggest)? Thanks, -Dave
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    aguilar and epifanis are both great cabinets. They are also very different animals. The aguilars will sound warmer, and the epifanis will be more aggressive, "hi-fi" and a bit louder. It really depends on what you like. Try before you buy.
  3. skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    I noticed that the Aguilar 2x10 has a power rating of only 350 watts, could this be an issue (cab overload) if I'm using a power amp like the QSC PLX 1602?
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    not unless you turn it all the way up.
  5. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    1010, 1210 or 1212 Schroeder. You can't go wrong.
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've had my 1210 for a few months now.. the 1212 for a couple weeks. I've no want for any other cabinets. I'd been looking @ most of what you mentioned.
  7. FWIW, I had an Aguilar 2x10 + 2x12 set-up and it sounded awesome. Drove 'em with an SWR SM-900.
  8. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Either set-up would work well. I've checked out a bunch of Aguilar cabinets and have never been disappointed. I currently use an Epifani T212 and T210 and could not be happier with this set-up. I take the 210 alone on smaller gigs, the 212 on medium to large gigs, and both when I simply want to mess with the drummer a bit ;)
  9. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think IvanMike hit it right on the nose...
    I think it depends on what type of amp you're using. Epifani, Aguilar, Bergantino...etc All of them are great cabs, just great in different ways.

i play with 2 aguilar gs410's, but that doesn't mean it will be right for you. Just use those two things coming out of your head...i think they call them ears.
  10. skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    none of my local music stores carry either product. :meh: i checked out the schroeder website and the design seems very interesting. would having their design of a 210/212 be as practical and similar as a normal front firing 210/212 configuration? ill try to tackle reading the huge schroeder thread. thanks for all of your responses! -Dave