1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

210 acme ebs eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wimpy, May 14, 2006.

1. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    ...my rig is AG500&two GS112 and I'm very happy with this setup but sometimes I need one-loud-small-light-deep sounding-good for slap-stand alone cabinet. I was searching on TB and on EU music stores and here is what I can have in Europe for similar price: Acme LowB2; Eden 210XST; EBS 210 (no Bergantino dealer in EU :crying: ). I can order also epifani but the price is little higher..thanks for help W.

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

The Eden XST sounds great but is very heavy and large. Nice sound though, and the tuning of that cab versus the XLT is closer to the sound you describe.

The Acme IMO is not at all good for playing slap style. Those long excursion 10's along with the rather polite upper mids and treble response (very small tweeter) don't really work that well for slap (IMO, of course). I've owned two of these, and found that once you get enough power into them to really make them sing, they can quickly 'bottom out' using a percussive slap technique.

I have not played EBS cabs... so not comment there.

The Epi210UL is voiced wonderfully for slap style and sounds great.... incredibly lightweight. I always recommend the 310UL over the 210UL... just a little larger than the 210UL, and a little more expensive, but it puts out a lot more sound. The very wide and open tuning of the 210UL (lot's of low lows and sizzly high end if you want it) sounds awesome, but can quickly be overwhelmed in the mix as the volume increased. The extra 10" speaker and somewhat larger box of the 310UL allows that wonderful sound to project much better into the room. However, if you don't play super loud, the 210UL is great.

3. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    ...thanks for your help, when I was buying my Aguilar rig I was also impressed by 310UL unbelievable light and still small cabinet...but I had no time to try it...maybe I will go for this cab thanks again W.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i think the eden or the ebs would be good if you need loud. the acme is fine for my slap playing, but it wont be loud.

5. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    ...thanks!... hmmmm I realy need clean power when I play my slap solo and I want to have enough power in this situation (...grooveing is my destiny I'm not just solo slaper :D ). I don't know if it's possible to have this feeling just with one 210 cab. Epi 310UL seams like good choice W.

6. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    ...I'm very happy with my new Epi 310UL it's not small cab but very light nice sounding power full cab !!! thank you

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Glad to hear you like the 310UL, it is what i would have suggested as well.

8. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Cool! Congrats! GREAT sounding cab, and among the lightest cabs out there that can still do a relatively large, loud gig. Enjoy!:hyper:

9. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    ....everytime I move this cab I'm little suprised, It weights like empty cab ...almost like without speakers! Sound is great and I'm sure this box can be used in any situations for me it's new thing and I need some time to endorse with new stuff...anyway I'm very happy with 310UL