Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

210 Cab for Ampeg SVP Pro and QSC 850

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by armybass, Dec 20, 2004.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I am putting together my first preamp/power amp rig. I have a QSC RMX 850 and the Ampeg SVP Pro Preamp. I would like to use it with a few 210 cabs. I am thinking about the SWR Goliath III 4 ohm cab but I don't know much about many of the other 210 cabs out these days. Maybe I could go with 2 8ohm 210 cabs. I would like to use the single 210 cab for smaller gigs and add another cab for bigger gigs. I would appreciate any ideas.

2. See my sig... :p

* Loud deep bass with 'twangy' highs (especially when you back off with the tweeter attenuators)
    * Portable & relatively light - use one for small gigs/practices, or both for the bigger jobs
    * Solid construction

3. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    I have an Eden Metro and I do dig it but I have never had an Eden stand alone cab. How is the XST different from the XST?

4. Whoops! :) (I assume you want to compare the XST & the XLT)

* The XST has a wider (read: lower) frequency response, with it's half power freq (-3dB) @ 30 Hz
    * The XST has a higher power rating (the new ones like mine are rated at 500W) than the XLT (350W)
    * The XST is slightly lighter than the XLT
    * The XST costs more :(

my 2c...

5. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    all sounds good save the last one :)

6. jdagger

jdagger

Nov 21, 2004
    Might I suggest you look at Schroeder cabs. Jorg builds a killer cab and he is a great guy to work with. Top notch quality workmanship and customer service. I think you will find the full range (lows , mids, and highs) of his cabs awesome. They are 4 ohm cabs so you could run two with your power amp for a 2 ohm load and have an awesome full sound.

7. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Would you have a link, are they made in the US?

8. jdagger

jdagger

Nov 21, 2004
    Yes Sir, here you go. The link to Jorg's site is:

http://www.schroedercabinets.com

Built in good ol' California of the USA !!!!!

If you search here, there are a number of threads to familiarize yourself with his cabinets. Just search on "schroeder" and you will find some good info.

You can also mail Jorg from the link on his site. He is quick to respond and 100 % top notch to work with.

If you have trouble with this link, PM me and I will resend.

Good Luck in your search for the sound !!!!!!

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    hey Scott! another vote for the Schroeder Cabinets here. I've had a 1210 since early Summer and a 1212 for a couple months now.... great cabinets!