1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

210 Combo Recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by konfishily, Sep 8, 2008.

1. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Do people have any good recommendations for punchy 210 combos?

not including...

Ampeg SP
    GK 1001
    SWR Redhead

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm with you on the 210SP. Hated that amp. Otoh, a used Ampeg BA500 is a good 210 combo, with the option of sticking a 15 under it for 500 watts.

4. gk backline 210. its only got like 300 watts, so maybe move up to the regular gk, but its severely punch

5. Eden Metro KICKS! Solid power and tone!

6. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    +1 Best sounding combo I ever owned. Would buy another
    in a heartbeat if the need arose.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Don't overlook the Peavey BAM 210 because of the name. It's a sweet combo.

8. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Whatever you buy, just make sure you have enough power to run two 2 X 10 cabs 'cuz, brother, you're gonna need it at some point in time.

Riis

9. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
  10. I haven't played an Eden combo outside of a store, but I bought the Nemesis because I felt it had a similar sound and feel.

11. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Markbass CMD102P is a very powerful combo and light... tiltback and you can run an 8ohm extension. I also like the GK700RB 2x10combo. I liked the Eden combo but it's very big and heavy - the Nemesis stuff is great if you don't need to play super loud - good sound quality and not too big and heavy

12. Traynor also has a 2 x 10 combo. I've got one rented out right now, and it's damn good.

13. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    Line6 is coming out with a new 2x10 amp, the ld400.
    It's 400 watts and carries some effects and presets. I find it to be very promising, especially since it will be shipping for something like €750,- (at least I think it was something like that). I really have it high on my wishlist, but I might opt for something else if someone can REALLY convince me :p.
    Too bad Line6 hasn't disclosed any info on the release or weight of the amp :scowl:. Does anyone have any info on this perhaps?

14. if you don't want a combo I recommend anything ashdown,... I've got the 180EB head and the 2X10 with horn and its very nice and pretty light weight too...

15. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Just to add to the good list developing here.

Mesa used to make a Venture 2x10 combo. it was an MPulse600 head (great, great amp BTW) driving a 2x10 cab. Very solid piece of gear, not too big, but kind of on the heavy side. Also not cheap, but Mesa stuff is never cheap. Punchy beyond words. Can be found used fairly easily (at least for Mesa gear).

I think Mesa also used to make the Buster 200 in a 2x10 combo version. Now, those are fairly rare, but very cool. 200w all tube combo. Great amp, total punch factory, and all that tuby-goodness too !

You can find them

16. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
  17. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    thanks guys
    good stuff

18. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    I use an Ashdown MAG C210 combo. Very good punch. I've gotten a lot of complements on the sound. It's a 300w combo (150wx2). It powers my Ashdown 1x15 cab. Picked mine combo up used for <$200 so it's been an excellent value for me.

19. SWR SuperRedhead (350w - last year; or 400W, this year) is super punchy. If anything, you'd want the ext cab to sop up the power. The grill cover that doubles as a kickback stand is nice too.