1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

210 for Outdoors

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve S, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I'm going to be playing at an outdoor gig and wonder if a 210 will be enouugh with PA support. We have two drummers, keyboards and two guitars.

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Depends on what 210, as well as what stage volume there will be. YOu may find yourself hovering around the cab.

3. lowfreq1

lowfreq1

Mar 26, 2006
    Stockholm Sweden
    I would say NO, it's not enough! Unless you could hear yourself in the PA monitors?

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Yes,

if you have PA support you will only have to use your 210 as a stage monitor.

It should be plenty loud for that.

Stand it up on its end behind you and a little to the side. And bump up the mids a tad.

BUT...don't plan on using the 210 for your main amplification unless it is a very small outdoor gig.

:D

Joe.

5. What they said.

I just did this the other day, and without walls and floors the bass really disappears.

But with PA support you are ok for the mains, and if you have monitors also you are ok (depending on stage volume of your band). You might find you'll boost the bass a bit on your amp more than usual onstage.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    The 210 is a Peavey TX rear ported cabinet. I'm not sure about the quality of the PA at the festival..it's one of these two day events with other bands also playing. Would it be better to bring my Peavy 410 TVX?

The last time I played outdoors, I used two Avatars..a 210 and the 115. I was playing with a guitar, drums and a singer with no PA support. The guitar player could not hear me at all....

7. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i'd bring the 4x10, and if you have the watts bring both cabs, you never know what you might need......

8. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    OK. I'll do that.