Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

210 help...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joe Martin, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Joe Martin

Joe Martin

Mar 23, 2005
    Frederick, MD
    So, I was looking to get a 210, and I was initially interested in three, the EA NL-210, Acme Low B-2, and Avatar 210 Neo.

Well, as soon as I saw the price on the NL-210, I decided that it wasn't for me. (BTW Tom, if you search google for it your talkbass profile comes up before EA's site does... :p )

So, I have always been interested in Acme cabs, and as a six-stringer this seems that it would fit the bill for me in the frequency response department, though I have one major concern. I use a Traynor YBA200, which is only 200 watts, and judging from the Acme thread, it doesn't sound like 200 would be enough to sufficiently power it well.

Last but defiantely not least, is the Avatar 210 NEO. I have only heard good things about Avatar, and at the price you really can't beat it, and it seems as though it could handle a low B well enough.

Any insight would be much appreciated, and any other suggestions as far as cabs go are welcomed aswell, as long as they aren't rediculously expensive that is. ;)

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    From what I have read, anything acme uses lots of watts. I was doing some research and found that 500 watts is what you should be putting into the acme 210. No experiance/info about the EA, but avatar is good all around, clean, efficient, and light weight. Personally i would go with the avatar for the weight factor, and it has a higer db rating which means you wont have to put alot of watts in the cab to be heard.

3. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have an Avatar 210 NEO that will soon be paired with a 212 NEO later this summer.

I play a 5 string and bass-heavy genres of music like funk, r&b, and gospel. I find that the Avatar 210, by virtue of it's longer x-max, does a surprisingly decent job of handling a low B...I wouldn't play it by itself unless I was doing a small jazz gig or posibley a church service, but it's very impressive, lightweight, and provides tons of ye ole "bang for the buck".

4. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i can't say that i ahve much experience with a lot of cabs, but I've been using my Eden 210XST regularly for a year and been pretty happy with it. It's also pretty sensitive so it will get plenty loud with that amp. Right now i feed 1200 watts into it, but before that I used 350 solid state watts from a peavey dpc 750, and it still got pretty loud.

I play a fiver (my rig is in my sig) and the cab handles my B string well.