1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

210 vs. 115 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by todjk, Apr 27, 2002.

1. I'm debating on going to a GK combo (400RB 115)that is a 115 vs. a 210. After looking in some TB threads, it's kind of confusing to determine which is the better choice.

Obviously, I could go with a 210, and then purchase a 115 later. For now, I'm wanting to make a purchase that makes sense. Advice is needed because little actually does makes sense. :p

I like a nice low end, I also like the low end not to be overly muddy. Does a 210 do that good of a job with the real low-end freqs like a 115 would? Without knowing much, common sense tells me that I'm going to get a better low-end with a 115 than a 210. Is this true? Am I way off base thinking this way.

Please help...this uncertainty is giving me a genuine headache. :confused: Why? I've absolutely got to purchase a good bass amp combo in the next week over the Internet without even trying it out beforehand (lack of time and a local guitar shop).

Thanks for any help. Tod :)

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    if this helps any the 210 goes lower than the 15.
    and you can adjust the bottom end.
    i bought a 410 and it goes lower than my 15 not as much bass but it is enough so you can hold of and get a 15
    my 2 cents

steve