210 vs 212 what are the basic differences?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kevinlane, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Missouri, near Branson
    Hi, need a little help. Im interested in maybe going to a 212's box instead of 210's.

Can anyone tell me the basic differences besides output and more low end extension? i.e. are they darker, more 200hz or what?
    I have Eden 210t cabs, I like to get afunkierthan normal sound , but don't like to sacrifice midrange. The mids and lowend extension are why I prefer the Edens over SWR cabs. SWR are a little too thin for me. I'm not unhappy with the 210t's, but if I could carry one 212XLT instead of 2 210t's that would be cool.

I guess I'm wanting to know if a 2 12's is going to thicken up the sound too much (I hate 15's and P basses)

Also I have been told that an Eden 210 XLT has more lowermid than the 210T, not more low end thunder. so that cab dosen't sould like it's for me.

Any preferences???
  2. In general, 12" speakers have the tightness advantage of a 10" with more low end capability and more low end "tightness"... But i cant say that its always true....So they wont be as sloppy sounding as a 15, but can still do the lows quite nicely...
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I'm using D210XLT's which are much different from the T cabs. Stronger low mids AND bigger low end IMO. I've found that I like the sound of the XLT when run on it's side...more focused, tighter bottom. I use mainly fives with killer B strings and I love big but controlled lows.

The 212XLT is a very nice cab, too. I'm still happy with the D210XLT.