Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

210 w/115 vs 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Droog, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    What do guys think? I am leaning more towards the 210 with a 15 as apposed to a 410. Wattage should be ample and weight is distibuted between to cabs instead of one heavy ass 410.

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I prefer the bottom you get with a 15", but it's a matter of taste. 2x10 + 1x15 is a good choice in my opinion.

Then again it's very much down to what brands you're choosing. A high quality 4x10 can be superior in all aspects compared to a cheaper 15/2x10 stack.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    It depends on the 15, really. I have an Aguilar 4x10 and a 1x15, and the 4x10 put out MUCH more low end. So much so, that I ended up selling the 1x15 and got a second 4x10. I was shocked at how much lower the 410 got than the 15 . . .

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Looking at the Mesa stuff. The Powerhouse 210 and 15. Definately going play through them as much as possible before and money exchanges hands.

5. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I have been thru the mill with this one and here's my two cents. I have tried every cab combination I was able to get ahold of when I purchased my first real amp. 18's, 2x10, 4x10, 15' 2x15, 6x10,12's and every mix and match you can think of. Each different type of speaker has its own application and perception to the user.I found different qualities in ea. that the other didn't have. Your choice of cabs should depend on the style of music you play , your ability to move it around, and your perception when standing near your rig, after all, this will be your monitor.I like anything with 10's, it's what suits my playing style and my perception. I play 8x10,4x10 and 6x10 cabs . If you go with 10's you need a lot of power and high quality cabs.My best advice is to do what I did, go to a music store that will let you bring the rig back, and try every make and model you can get your hands on. You will know when you find the one you like, and it will help to have the input of the band too. Hope this helps.

6. I really like the 210/115 sound. All 10's is much more agressive than a 10/15 combo. The 15 doesn't necessarily put out more low end than a 410, but it has a rounder smoother tone than 10's do. Generally (but not always) if you want to cut through better, go with 10's, if you want to blend more, go with a 15. Or mix and match for a bit of both.