Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

210xst + 410xlt?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Son of Bovril, Apr 12, 2005.

1. I tried out the xlt and it's frequency response only goes down to 50hz? thats just not low enough for me to use by itself...

What are your opinions on combining a 210xst with the 410xlt to get that extra ow end, as I see the xst goes down to 30hz?

would the combination of these two amps be ruining the specific sounds they are individually tuned for when used individually?

2. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    As I understand it, the xlt has a more aggressive tone with a low mid 'bump' in its profile. I believe the specs quoted are -2dB points; it is likely the xlt produces the very low fundamentals, but not prominently. The xst is more high-fi, that is, has a flatter response down to the very lower frequencies, and will give you more fundamental.

I'm not sure I'd use the word 'ruin', if combining the cabs results in the response you're looking for, then one might say the sound of each has been augmented by the other. As always, your ears are the best judge.

I'm curious how you plan to power the cabs.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    you'll just have to try it.

IME, powering eden 410 and 210 cabs with identical impedances (e.g., both 8 ohm cabs) sounds just fine. there isnt this crazy sound of one cab being markedly louder. I used to run a 210xlt and a 410t off of a wt-400 amp all the time.

4. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    why not just get a 4x10 XST?

5. Jebthebassist

Jebthebassist

Dec 8, 2004
    My Question is how are you going to be powering your cabs? What would be the ohms on the cabs too? 2 8 ohms or what? I have a WT800 and I wouldnt mind buying a 410 and a 210. I'm just wondering how to run the cabs to get maximum wattage