1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

212 vs 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philzbass, Feb 13, 2006.

1. I've been looking for a new amp for a long time now and I've really liked alot of different ones. Ampeg, Ashdown, GK, Mesa...

Anyway I haven't came to any decision yet and this thread is about speakers. Right now I'm playing through an Ampeg SVT410HLF but I've checked out some Neo 212's (GK, Genz-Benz) and I liked those. Not exactly better than my 410 but I liked em. Well, I'm thinking about making a trade, my 410 for one of the more portable 212's.

Just wondering what anyone else's experienc is with a 212 as opposed to a 410. Do you think they sound better? Worse? or just different?

What kind of sound would you classify a 212? 410?

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I have used both the Neo 2x12 and Neo 410.

I used to own the Genz Benz NEOX-212T. That was a great sounding cab, with a very cool design. I used it as a stand alone cab for two gigs, one in a small club, the other in an auditorium, and it handled it fine. It handled the lows decently, and had a really cool sound. The way it handled mids was what stood out most from this cab. Weighs about 60lbs.

I know own an Avatar B410 Neo. This thing only weighs 5lbs more than the Genz Benz 2x12, and is roughly the same size. A little shorter and a little wider with the same depth. First thing you notice with this cab is the awesome punch. I love a great articulate sound and this cab gives it to me. It also handles the low B on my Carvin LB75F better than any cab I've ever owned. This thing gets down low. Weighs about 65lbs.

I would highly recommend avatar for the money. Avatar also makes a 2x12 Neo cab that only weighs about 50lbs!!! Both cabs cost about $250-$300 less than the Genz Benz also. I believe both companies use comparable Eminence speakers (if not the same) in thier cabs.

3. Alright, I guess this was a bad thread..........Oh Well

Thanx for your reply xgabriel: I'm going to assume that you like the 410 better than a 212.