Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

215 cab........FREE

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by MJ5150, Feb 4, 2004.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Specs: 400 watts at 4ohms.

Hello again.....after trying unsuccessfully to sell this cab for as low as $200, I am changing my approach.

If you come get this cab from me, you can have it for FREE. I really hope it goes to someone who needs it, not a gear junky looking to add to the collection. Then again, if noone else wants it, then take it.

Is it REALLY free you ask? Yes, it is. Unless you consider driving to meet me paying for it. Since I am giving it away for no charge, you will have to come to me. If you want to pay the gas in my Ford 460, I suppose I could drive a short ways to meet someone.

Now, you are thinking, there MUST be a catch. One of the 15's will need to be reconed. That should cost you about $40. After that, it will sound solid. The speakers are made by Yamaha. I gigged with this cab for almost two years, and it is great. Other than the recone, there is nothing wrong with this cab.

To avoid any confusion, I will charge you $0 for this cab. If you want to donate something towards it, I will accept it. Cash, bass strings, other bass gear, whatever. You are not obliged to give me anything. Donate if you would like. I do NOT want this to turn into a bidding war either. I am not going to hold out for the best "offer". The first person to make definite arrangements to come get it, get's it. So, don't try to bribe me with giving me something great if I give it to you instead.

So, now you are wondering why I am doing something this dumb/crazy? It's all about the Karma baby.

-Mike

2. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    PM in your box dude :D

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I'm proud of you buddy. :cool:

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I got the inspiration from your thread, ya know.

BTW.....that's twice now that you have inspired me. I am trying to become an EMT, or a surgical tech, right now also. Isn't it strange the effect we have on people without prolly even knowing it?

-Mike

5. kmacleish

kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    This is a truly neat thing to see. My only observation would be, once you have decided to take this approach, might you not be able to find a young, impoverished and deserving bassist somewhere near you? Or did you just want to give priority to your TB brethren and sistren?

Great move, in any case.

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Very cool. .

But either way KUDOS and I hope it may come back full circle.

Kind of like earlier this week, shoveling for the elderly person next door and helping someone with the car stuck in their driveway. Nobody else helped even though they saw. Which erked me, but it felt good to lend a hand!!

:bassist:

7. Respect MJ

thats a great thing you are doing here, it feels kinda strange and movie-like in today's world tho.

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Very cool of you MJ.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    TB community first. this site is awesome, and I have "taken" alot from all of you here. Besides buying a supporting membership, this is the best thing I can think of doing to say "thank you".

someone requested a pic.............here ya go:

-Mike

10. kmacleish

kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    VOLVO!?!?

ROFLMAO!!!!!

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What? You didn't know that Volvo makes bass cabs? They make most excellent vehicles, so you can just imagine how great their bass cabs are.

Here I thought all you TB folks were so smart.

:D

-Mike

12. odie

odie Supporting Member

Volvo- "Boxy but nice"

13. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Good on ya MJ5150. Karma is a great thing.

I think that however ends up with this cab should buy Mike a supporting membership. It will be the least you could do.

Just a thought.

T

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    hateater PM'ed me first.....but I don't want to ship it.

Rimas PM'ed second, Matthew Bryson third.

Rimas was upfront about it and said it would be his second cab, and that if someone else needed it more than him, they should get it.

Matthew Bryson is currently "cabless", and could really use it. Although first in line, Rimas stepped to the back of the line and allowed Matthew to have it. Much respect should go out to Rimas for being cool about it!

Matthew Bryson will be meeting me tonight to get his 215 cab. I am glad he got it. He is a great guy, and definitely needs it.

Thank you for the kind words from my fellow TB'ers. You guys have given me more than you know.

-Mike

15. HAHA! It's the last part that gets me.

Thank you for the considerate offer. Michigan is kinda far away though, and I am not in need.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Are you making fun of me???? Cuz if you are, I am gonna take your karma.

-Mike

17. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    Man, this would be absolutely perfect. I just bought a Schecter yet have been playing it off my guitar amps for now until I get money for an amp. May be a possibility when I come down for a school trip I can pick it up but highly doubt it. How far are you from Ohio? I'm near Cleveland. Thanks, later.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Pretty far.....about 2500 miles.

-Mike