1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

21st Century Schizoid Man

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Oric, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    I have looked everywhere for a transcription (sheet music and tab on the same page), I can't even find a book with King Crimson transcriptions or anything. I've found some tab, but I'm really looking for the music too.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated (and any other King Crimson transcriptions, even the guitar part from the same song)

2. lordnyra

lordnyra

May 3, 2007
    Trying to transcribe that

oh god.

I can tell you that its in C tho

3. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    I only plan on doing that as an act of desperation (sure, I would learn a lot, but is it worth the emotional pain?)

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

You can always hear the bass line and clear though so it can probably be done.
    I covered it in the past. I only bothered learning the solo on the bridge and the main riffs. I made up the rest on the fly. This was long before Talkbass.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Yes it's very audible - an awesome Jazz-style walking bass line, with a lot of chromatic passing tones on the middle section.

The bit before the tune comes back in would be a nightmare to transcribe - all those stops and starts in different places!! :eek:

It's very much like a Jazz piece/tune with a rock feel - certainly a lot of collective improvisation going on there!

Donzer likes this.
  6. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    The only thing I can add is that Greg Lake always plays bass with a pick. That should help with some of the fast/crazy stuff.

7. John Wetton is the Buddha.

Om.

Donzer likes this.
  8. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    You also have to choose which version to transcribe. The original album version or one of the many live versions.

9. i have the gw or gftpm dots......itcotck version..pm a snail mail address and i'll send it.....

10. Eyesee7

Eyesee7

Jul 17, 2005
    A bass magazine had the tab for this some years back. I tore the pages out (after buying the mag, of course) and stuck them in a folder but not sure if I still have it.