1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

22 fret fender jazz neck?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Earwaxsculptor, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Ok, um yeah so I need a new neck for my 91' Inca silver jazz, but I just realized its 22 frets :( and I can't find replacement 22 fret necks anywhere....I don't even want a fancy shmancy one either, the bass body is "worn" any leads anyone?

2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    uh....Warmoth......they will do 22 frets, all you have to do is call

3. oh...that easy?? I looked on their site and didn't see anything about that as an option....maybe I missed it.

Thanks!

4. Warmoth will do 22 and 24 frets but they do not work out of the box on a 22 fret Fender. You will have to re-position the bridge. 22 fret necks come available here or on the bay on occasion.

5. I'm up for a frankenstein option here, this body is whooped anyhow......to what extreme does the bridge have to be repositioned? down a bit?

6. pilotjones

pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Repositioning the bridge and (effectively) the neck, but not the pickups, is functionally equivalent to shifting the pickups with the bridge and neck in place; so you should expect the tone to show some change.

7. brandonwong

brandonwong

Dec 16, 2003
    I have tried doing it the other way round and i would say its too big a shift in repositioning. Almost an inch and didnt work.

I have a NOS 22 fret neck(90s) that would fit if you are interested. I initially wanted to use it for my Fender long horn but decided to repair my old neck instead. They dun come available all the time and i have waited months for one to appear on eBay before.

PM me if interested. I try and send you pics of it.
    Btw, it comes with the original fender box.

8. I'm interested in the NOS neck :) PM sent!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021