1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  


Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PIZZAcato, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. Bryan R. Tyler

    Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

    May 3, 2002
    A grommet? I don't know about for Rics, but you can use them to make things water resistant- maybe they're meant to go under the knobs to prevent sweat/water from getting into the electronics.
  2. you can put them over the strap pins and it holds them on!
    Getto or what???
  3. BasStefan

    BasStefan Guest

    humm they are rubbers, so i guess when you get a hard on from looking at that sexy bass! haha J/K
  4. Could it be a little protective ring to go inbetween the body and the straplocks/buttons, like on Fenders?
  5. BurningSkies

    BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

    Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Yup. That's my guess. Protect the finish while letting the strap button be firm and snug.
  6. HeavyDuty

    HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

    Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Ric uses rubber grommets as spacers between layers of pickguards on certain guitars like the 330 and 360. I think they're also used in 4003 neck pickups.
  7. VJP


    Jun 25, 2001

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.