1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

24-fret Lakland neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by djphil, Mar 10, 2004.

1. I'm just curious if it's possible. I love the full double-octave of a 24-fret board, and I know Sadowsky's have that option, so I'm just wondering if Laklands do as well. I haven't seen one, so I'm not sure, but could you like mount a Sadowsky 24-fret on a Lakland or something? :) I donno.

2. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I t would be interesting to see but the ? is would Lakland want to build a bass with 24 frets.You have to understand that to do this they would proably have to rengineer the hold bass (which takes time/money) they would have to construct a neck that is well balance,and also coming up with not just a bridge,but the right bridge so the intonation and the playability is there,and address the overall balance of the bass.I'm not saying that it's a "Shot in the dark,but it also is not a walk in the park either.
    It remains to be seen. :)

3. Ah well. :) I just love having 24 frets, and since Sadowsky does it on the somewhat similar style of bass, I didn't know of Lakland did or not, or if were even an option. 22 should be ok anyways.

4. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    There Ya Go ! ;)