Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

24-fret Lakland neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by djphil, Mar 10, 2004.

1. I'm just curious if it's possible. I love the full double-octave of a 24-fret board, and I know Sadowsky's have that option, so I'm just wondering if Laklands do as well. I haven't seen one, so I'm not sure, but could you like mount a Sadowsky 24-fret on a Lakland or something? :) I donno.

2. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I t would be interesting to see but the ? is would Lakland want to build a bass with 24 frets.You have to understand that to do this they would proably have to rengineer the hold bass (which takes time/money) they would have to construct a neck that is well balance,and also coming up with not just a bridge,but the right bridge so the intonation and the playability is there,and address the overall balance of the bass.I'm not saying that it's a "Shot in the dark,but it also is not a walk in the park either.
    It remains to be seen. :)

3. Ah well. :) I just love having 24 frets, and since Sadowsky does it on the somewhat similar style of bass, I didn't know of Lakland did or not, or if were even an option. 22 should be ok anyways.

4. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    There Ya Go ! ;)