25-75w 2-channel amps WHERE??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OrionManMatt, Mar 4, 2004.

1. OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm building a little setup for my computer, nothing spectacular but I need to find something to power them. Where in the world can I find something pretty cheap that powers two channels with around 50 watts per????

2. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    your home stereo? try ebay. or best buy/circuit city for computer speakers.
  3. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Car hifi system ?

It works with the same power as a computer 12V, it's usually stereo. And it's cheap.
  4. Alesis RA100. I've owned one for 3 or 4 years and it is fabulous.

Do a search on ebay, it's a great amp that will serve you well.

Next question. :)
  5. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Haflers, of course. The P-1500 is listed at $228 avg price (used) according to www.prepal.com. The TA series aren't as nice, but they are cheaper, lower powered amps that would do the job.

The P-3000 is a fixture in many monitoring systems, including mine. Useful for PA in some situations too.
  6. OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    I went vintage. I found a Marantz receiver in great condition with a separate 20-band graphic EQ on top. It's niiice.
  7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Carvin makes a small 1U power amp that's 75 watts/channel IIRC.

I just bought a used Marshall ValveState 8008 power amp. It's rated 80 watts/channel into 4 ohms, takes up one rack space, is convection cooled (i.e. no fan) and sounds really good. It has two modes, linear (just like any power amp) and ValveState, where it's supposed to mimic the behavior of a tube power amp. Haven't really pushed it to find out, but it sounds great and was under $150.

Marshall also made the ValveState 4004 power amp that was 40 watts per channel at 8 ohms...

I opened my 8008 up and it has a nice big toroidal power transformer in it which helps to reduce hum...