1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

$25 Gift Certificate from GC ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ed2Strings, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Anyone else get one of these from their local GC?

Not sure why I got it, only thing I could think of is I did go there during labor day and got the difference refunded for an amp I bought that was on sale that day. Mine says it's only good from 9/19 to 9/21. It's good for anything in the store "allegedly", however it may some kind of Gibson promo from what I can see. I think it's kinda strange they are doing away with discounts but then sending these out. I set it in my Cell phone reminders cuz knowing me and my ADHD, I'll forget. I'm probably just gonna pick up a couple sets of strings and add a few bucks to the difference.

2. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    i got one a few weeks ago for $20 but it was for a weekend i was out of town anyway. i wonder if i'll get another one...

3. I got a $50 one.. used it online for some various accessories I had been meaning to pickup.

I don't know how their commission structure works but I think their haggle pricing got abused constantly.. people posted copies of their "lowest acceptable prices" on the internet or left printouts laying around the store.. plus the sales people were always going to give the rock bottom price to all their friends, etc.

with the gift cards they can at least control who gets the discounts, when, how much they will be, etc..

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I've received two of them within the past 6 months ($25.00 each). There's no catch. They're good for anything in the store. It's supposedly a way for them to reward good customers. I think a former G.C. employee said (here on T.B.) that they started doing this after they initiated the "no haggling on price" policy. They're always getting bashed on here, but I think it's a pretty nice thing that they're doing.

5. I got one about a week ago.

The had some boxes of cables marked any cable $1.99.
    Got a bunch.

MM