Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

250€ fretless vs. 700€ Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, Jun 14, 2005.

1. so... having finally tried out my cheap eBay fretless with my band, and seriously dreading it, because I thought it wouldnt fit with our type of music (FNM, APC, AIC, etc...), they had nothing but compliments on its sound, and when asked, they were all for me using the fretless from then on, instead of my brand new fender Jazz...

:eek: I was NOT expecting that.... but I got to admit that thing's got a Grind closely resembling that of a RickenBacker 4001 :D Absolutely loved it. and it sits powerful in the mix. :evil:

Just thought I'd share that with you :cool:

2. good for you. what fretless is it?

3. Some Unknown brand "Oakland". Neckthru, string-thru body design, about 80's, weird passive electronics, PBass Pups.

Bought it for 120 eur and got it defretted and got its scale fixed for another 130. worth every cent. :)

4. got any pics or sound clips. that would be nice.

is it risky to have your bass defretted, how much do you think it would cost for a 6 string to have that done?