1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

28 G's '62 Gibson SG

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Feb 29, 2008.

1. My Son's an SG NUT!! I'll show it to him. He doesn't have 27K though :D

I like that trem system :bassist:

The same seller has a 57K Les Paul, maybe he would make a package deal??

2. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Wow that thing is in great condition though. Real collectors piece. I know I'd never shell out that much, but I'm sure someone out there will.

Usually those old SGs have cracks and checks all through the finish. I had an old 66 EBO that had all the finish cracks, but it really gave it a lot of the "Vintage" character.

3. There's high end, and then there's "high end."

There are some forums where something like $28K for an SG wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

For whatever reason, people on this forum tend to get their dander up about expensive stuff. I remember a couple of years ago that one of Jaco Pastorius' amps went up for auction. There was documentation on the amp- and it was going for $15K or something like that. But there were people that were saying stuff like "I don't care if xxxxx owned it, it's not worth $15K."

4. I'm my business, I often meet people that can spend 10K easier than I can spend $10. I've mentioned it here before, I have customers that fly into Lakeland airport to pick up a knife from me. It costs them more to travel back and forth than what the knife cost. To them it's worth it to pick up the knife in person, chat with the maker get away for a few hours. They can spend their money however it makes them happy.

5. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Makes me sad.

That guitar should have been making some fiiiiine music for years and years, instead of being sheltered and dust-protected for decades.