Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2nd Annual DC/VA/MD GTG

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jive1, May 19, 2005.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    It's time for the 2nd GTG. The last one was a blast, so let's do it again.

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!! I'm in, and although I cannot host, I'll happily provide refreshments and/or money to offset food, drinks, accomodations, and the next month's electric bill to whoever hosts.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i am game. i cant host either, but i can bring equipment and refreshments.

sadly, i missed the first one

4. I am so in. I'll bring my rig this time, too.

Also, whoever had the pretty pretty Lakland hollowbody at the last one, bring it again because I want to hold it some more. My... precioussss.

5. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
  6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I'm in as long as under 18 is allowed :).

I can bring chips, and Tostitoe Salsa con Queso..delicious salsa con queso. As well as a Mesa M-Pulse 600, and hopefuly 4x10 + 2x12 powerhouse.

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...when & where...if it's not TOO far, maybe I will make a trek...

8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Oh thank jeebus that I'm home from school!! :D

I am SO IN!!!!

9. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Sounds like fun. Let's have it at Brad's house so his son doesn't have to carry all Brad's stuff...... :D

10. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Where and when? I am closer to PA than most of MD, but I'll make a trek if its not too far.

11. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I hosted last year in Ashburn. My electric bill for the month of the GTG last year was :eek:. Yeah, all those powerful amps suck the juice like something fierce!

Another idea someone had last year was that we rent one of the pavilions at Bull Run Park with electrical service.

If anyone else can host that would be nice, but since I have a good house for this kind of thing I like to open my doors. :bassist:

12. ^^^I'm sure everyone would be willing to kick in some electricity money for the privelege of checking out all the cool basses.

13. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    If people are willing to chip in some $$ we can probably get a place. Bull Run would be cool since it is outdoors and they have electricity. When I called them last year, they said it would be $130 around the time we were gonna have the GTG. Another option is to rent out a club or something like that. But it really depends on what we're willing to shell out. For myself, I don't mind kicking in $5-10.

For those wondering about location, it will more than likely be in Northern Virginia.

For those wondering about age, under 18 is OK as long as you bring the booze. ;) Kidding aside, it will depend on the venue. If it's not a place with age requirements (i.e. a bar), age shouldn't matter.

So to begin planning.
    1. Tell all the TBers you know, since not everyone goes into OT
    2. What dates will work for people? I'm thinking sometime after 4th of July weekend.
    3. Where do you want to have it?
    4. What do you want to do there? I liked the chillin out and checking out cool gear. But if people want to jam, or have a swap meet, or whatever, let us know.
    5. What will we need? Snacks, drinks, etc... If it's outdoors, we might want a tarp or maybe we can grill out. Let's get some ideas.

I nominate Nick as soccer mom to organize the snacks and drinks.

DHC better bring his Rumblefish. I had dreams about that thing after the last GTG.

Looking forward to the GTG.

Mods, please sticky this.

14. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'll talk to the wife about what days would be good for us to host. There's still no pool table in the corner of the basement obviously made for one, which leaves us with plenty of room for amps and stuff. My finished basement is pretty much ideally set up for this kind of thing, and I personally believe very strongly in community. It's so important to make the people on the internet real people with a face instead of just anavatar to flame at.

I will have my Peavey Palaedium this time (it was at my brother's house last year) but the green jazz belongs to someone else now.:)

15. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    Sweet, I'm so there!

<- Baltimore area, but I'll drive anywhere.

16. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Dang, i wont have my Nordie til the end of the year.

i'll bring the bass i made though, we can throw darts at it and then set it on fire.

17. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I'm down with the GTG, can't be July 4th weekend or July 17-24 for me.

18. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    I'll bring my EUB and show everyone how they too can build one for ~ $50 (providing you have or have access to some power tools).

19. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Wow, that's cool. It's been a summer plan/dream of mine to build my own EUB. Maybe you can give me a few pointers.