1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2nd bass recommendations

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chickenJames, Oct 19, 2013.

1. How about a fretless?

:D

2. lol, I tried a fretless years ago. My brother has a pre-Gibson Tobias fretless with lines. I loved it but I just don't think I'd be good enough!

3. You guessed correctly. :D

Kidding aside, the thing with P-Basses is that they don´t sound all too exciting (to the uninitiated ;) ) on their own but really come alive in the band mix. But a Jazz Bass is a very good choice as well.

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    +1

How about a P/J? Or get a P and a J.
    And then a Hofner and you'll be all set!:smug:

5. White Beard

White Beard

Feb 12, 2013
    Why not get an acoustic, or acoustic-electric bass guitar? Just diddling around in the living room, no amp or volume complaints.

Acoustic bass has become my favorite thing in the world. I play electric bass guitar or double bass on stage, but acoustic bass guitar is what I grab when I'm just farting around the house.

Honestly, it's like the second or third best thing that ever happened to me as a musician.

6. White Beard

White Beard

Feb 12, 2013
    lilduke has redacted his/her post.

My post is no longer valid.

7. White Beard

White Beard

Feb 12, 2013
    lilduke has redacted his/her post.

My post is no longer valid.