2nd Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LancasterBass, Aug 5, 2002.

1. LancasterBass

Aug 5, 2002
    I am looking for a second bass. I was looking at both the Tobias Toby pro 4 and the Yamaha RBX760A. Both are around $500. Which is a better bass? How are these basses? I can spend a little more if anyone has any other suggestions around $500-$800. Thank you for any help!
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Really, you have two options (well, IMHO, and in popular opinion). MTD Kingston, or the Lakland Skyline. The MTD comes in at about 450ish, and the Skyline at about 600ish. The Skyline has active electronics, but the MTD has a better B string and IME better playability. Not that the Skyline is a slouch at all.
    Or, a MIA Fender, but we're pretending that we don't want a Fender :p
    There's also the Cort Curbows, which are very good deals for the price. Excellent basses. Not the Kingston or Skyline quality, but not the same price, either.

This is new.

Used, (assuming you can wing 800) I think you can get into Music Man Stingray, a Peavey Cirrus (don't let the name fool you, this thing'll kick your ass), as well as a few others that slip my mind at the moment. Others will be along shortly.
  3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

If you can handle a 1-3/4" wide nut drop KB an email about his G&L L2000 for sale - it was mine originally and I love that bass, I just can't handle the neck any more (I have narrow neck G&Ls now).