1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2nd cab on a Fender Rumble?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fine Cut, Sep 4, 2008.

1. i've been wondering about this since i bought the amp, it's a Fender Rumble 210, and i'd love to be able to run another 210 cab under it, but i'm wondering if the DI is powered or not, since it has a level control. if it is powered, does that mean i could get an XLR - 1/4" and run it that way, or will i need a 2nd combo for more speakers?

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Your DI jack is a balanced low-level preamp level signal not speaker level. Unless your combo has an extension speaker jack, its not made to connect extra speakers.
    You could use your DI or a preamp-out jack to drive a poweramp or even a secondary amp head which would then power aditional speakers.

3. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    The D.I. will not power your second cab.
    You could do this:

Run the D.I. into a small power amp, then from there run that into another cab.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Or, just get a bigger amp.