Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2nd hand Nemesis 2x10 or New Hartke 210tp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jun 26, 2004.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43375&item=3732703170&rd=1

Hey, well after my laney 15" blew up i need a new cab, (it was **** house anyway) and i cant really wait until i haev enough money for my swr goliath...i saw this and would it be worth going for?

and theres also a shop in sydney that's selling new hartke 210tp's for $499aus with free shipping, should i go the hartke or the broken nemesis?

2. I've played the Nemesis stuff and it is very good. Will you be able to get the proper replacement speaker for it?

Geoff

3. there is a david eden dealer in town....im going there tomoro for a seminar so ill find out then..hopefully i can get it that cheap :smug: ..so that means leave it for me people :p

i see he also has an empty fender 2x15" cabinet for the same price

4. Jeezin' Crimeny...a Transporter for $499! I don't know how your Aus compares to the dollar, but you can get a 2.5XL here (US) for $299! Hell, even if you'd have to pay huge for shipping, you'd be better off. I have a 2.5XL and I can tell you, the difference between the Transporter and the XL is pretty significant. They're not big watt cabinets to begin with!

5. all gear prices here suck..like i thread before where someone was asking whether it would be thesable t o spen the extra $70 more than a behringer head and get the ashdown mag300, here, the behringer is $550aus and that ashdown is $1400

$433..thats how much australian for the 2.5....a bass costs about $250us to ship over here..dont know about cabs

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Call Eden. I had a speker from my 210XST rebuilt for $65.

The Nemesis kicks the Hartke's butt.

7. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Go with the Nemesis. I have the combo version and I'm very pleased with it. I too face offensive pricing and settled for the Nemesis four years ago. Still using it. Pretty light weight compared to other cabs.

8. ive decided not to go with the nemesis.....it's gonna cost me $320us to ship the cab over here :bawl: ..so really, its not quite worth it.. :bawl: ..but i am going down sydney next week or this week and im gonna try the 210tp, 115tp and the 2000bh head....considering they're the only hartke cabs they have and its the only hartke dealer i know thats not 10 hours away..i have tried a 15" tp cab and rather liked it...but those 3 would cost $2000aus list, but they do a decent discount there so if i bought it all at once they'd probably charge $1500-$1600aus