1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available 2nd Price Drop! Josef Lazar Student Bass 1/2 Size CT/NY/MA,-Stand, Bow, and Nice Bag

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by subtlestew, Dec 1, 2017.

1. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Price:
    $500
    Strings:
    Price Drop from $800 to $600 to $500

Greetings. This bass was my son's that he played in middle school. We bought it from Woodwind & Brasswind, and it served us well. Plays nice, sounds nice. It is in good shape, just a few surface scratches mostly confined to in one area near the bottom. We also got the stand, included. My impression has been that it's an appreciable step up from what is sometimes referred to as a "CCB" (Cheap Chinese Bass) here on TB. We upgraded the bag recently after the zipper ripped on the original - the new bag is a nice padded one that cost a couple of hundred bucks. The bow is not great, but it will get you started.

I am in NW CT, but I have a pickup truck, and a van, and I'm in NYC and in central MA from time to time if that helps someone for a meet-up/delivery situation - I have some flexibility with work, so I should be able to work out a middle ground for someone in the area. I'm also more than willing to meet someone halfway - Vermont? Western MA? Hudson Valley? Not too far from here...

A good opportunity to get someone started for not a lot of cash!

Pix:

WIN_20171201_15_29_38_Pro. WIN_20171201_15_29_53_Pro. WIN_20171201_15_30_01_Pro. WIN_20171201_15_30_49_Pro. WIN_20171201_15_31_20_Pro. WIN_20171201_15_31_27_Pro. WIN_20171201_15_31_42_Pro.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    BenCampbell likes this.
  2. BenCampbell

BenCampbell Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Subtlestew dropped a bass to me in Manhattan last December and it couldn't have been a more pleasant and seamless transaction. Great fellow to deal with. GLWTS!

subtlestew likes this.
  3. subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Thanks, Ben! Hope all is well...

4. jimgoss

jimgoss Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Oxford, Pennsylvania
    Is the instrument still available? Thanks.

5. subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Sorry, no.

Thanks for the interest.