1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 2nd PRICE DROP! MTD 635-24 #703

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nosegrease, Mar 11, 2016.

1. nosegrease

nosegrease

Mar 11, 2016
    Price:
    Strings:
    ** I am in Northern California.. Bay Area and would prefer to handle things in person but I am open to shipping within the US. I realize this is my first post on Talkbass so if you are not nearby, I am available to meet locally with a trusted third party (a forum regular, friend or music store) to give you peace of mind prior to payment. I can also furnish a copy of the original bill of sale, etc.**

This is a gorgeous MTD 635-24 with a mahogany body, maple burl top, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and includes an MTD custom case. All of the onboard electronics were upgraded by Mike Tobias with pearl fingerboard inlays added by Mike's goto Northern California luther Gary Brawer.

Originally $4200 - reduced to $3500. I'm not really interested in trades but all offers will be considered. I need to sell but it has to be reasonable...

Versatile tone with rich, full-bodied lows and sparkling highs that are complemented by mids ranging from punchy to buttery smooth. It truly shines with fingerstyle technique but is equally at home tapping, slapping, popping, picking or other forms of encouragement.

The neck is amazingly playable due to a somewhat thinner back-to-front profile to compensate for the wider 6-string fingerboard. As with most of what comes out of Mike Tobias' shop, it is well-balanced, comfortable and eminently playable.

The bass is in EXCELLENT condition. It was never gigged and only played in a small home studio. I have always been careful not to wear belt buckles or exposed jacket zippers while playing. A few of the saddle-tops have some very minor paint-wear - almost like a 'rubbed' antique appearance (it is only apparent up-close and I personally like the look - but it's still worth a mention).

I am selling because I don't really play these days and I need the money for a high end computer workstation.

Good luck in your bass search!

7PmzRsYs. YjKImlps. OFTBm1us. 4QjUNDrs. 7ngRzcas.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    AsherC, Maiden Bass, emjazz and 2 others like this.
  2. timtyler8821

timtyler8821 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    California
    Would you take 3500?

3. BOOTYWARRIOR

BOOTYWARRIOR

May 17, 2016
    Were you the original owner?! Also, what year is it from!?

4. nosegrease

nosegrease

Mar 11, 2016
    Yes, I'm the original owner. The bass was built sometime in the early 00's. I'll check. As mentioned above, all of the onboard electronics were upgraded by Mike Tobias just a few years ago. As mentioned, it is in excellent condition and considering it's 15 years old, I'd say it's quite exceptional. Damn, I'm f*cking old.

edit: Okay.. it's official. It was built in 2001. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  5. nosegrease

nosegrease

Mar 11, 2016
    Just a bump reminder that the bass is still for sale... Please be patient if I don't get right back to you. I've been having trouble with email notifications.

6. timtyler8821

Oct 1, 2011
    California
    Still keeping my eye on this thread.

7. timtyler8821

Oct 1, 2011
    California
    Bass still available? I should be able to get it by the end of next month, but I'll only have 3000 available.