2nd 'rig' or just a combo??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I currently have a tech21 RBI pre and an SWR bass 350 head with two aguilar gs112 cabs. this rig has been left at church since I hurt my back. I have nothing to play through at home except my stereo with a small mixer. the sound is alot different then a bass amp. I'm considering:

1. buying a tech 21 bass combo with a built in RBI since I really like the RBI. its only 60w and has a 12" speaker, but has the option of an extention 8ohm cab $450 (exactly the amount of xmas and job xmas bonus monies)

2. buying a tech 21 Landmark 300 head which is better sounding than an RBI, but has no speaker. $750 (would have to scrounge up $300 from somewhere...creditcard...)

I was thinking of the second choice in case I begin playing with an old roomate of mine. I figure I could buy some auxilliary gs112s as I get the money. in the mean time I could play through my old swr bass monitor 12 or bring home one of the gs112s.

what would you do in this situation and why??? please don't offer alternative brand Ideas, my mind is 99% made up on the brand, but don't know if I'm missing any great points for going with the combo vs. the head.