1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2ohm cabs sets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeepDeath, May 25, 2002.

1. well yea, im buying a amp in the future and i need a 2 cab setup that will get 2ohms meaning 4ohms each, the 4x10 isnt hard to find but im trying to get a 1x18 in 4ohms. could any of you suggest a 2cab(same company) in the price range of 800 used is cool

2. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Ill blow out your price limit and tell you to try 2 Ampeg 810 cabs. I did.

3. What are you trying to accomplish with such a setup ? what power amp setup do you have ?

4. The Ampeg SVT-810AV is a sealed cabinet and will have its impedance peak in the low range. This will be many times higher than 2 ohms. FWIW.

5. i might get a sunn1200s which is 1200 watts at 2ohms and im basically trying to accomplish volume and headroom-the 4x10 i want a low-mid range thump that it self has alot of bass and a 18 incher that just knocks someone on there rump!

6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    a 4 ohm cab + an 8 ohm cab equals a 2.67 load. if you can run at two ohms you don't need a 4 ohm 18. I know that carvin makes a 4 ohm single 15 without the horn or anything for about $329, but they are not well liked for the most part around these parts. i've never played it myself so i can't say.

7. well i would like to get the full power out of the amp and 2.67 ohms might affect the power supply plus i want something that can handle it fully-if the sunn1200s cant fully power at 2.67 im all for it.