Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2tek Bridge and Acacia Gruv body

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ModulusAcacia, Jun 5, 2003.

1. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    Here's a wierd one... I have a virtually brand new 2tek bridge, the last model before production was discontinued. Very light weight (for a 2tek that is)The only time it's ever been used is in the body it's in now, which is... An Acacia Gruv body (I believe it's ash), I bought it as a left over from the acacia shop b/c Matt made it, finished in in a beautiful see thru purple finish, routed it for pick-ups and a 2tek bridge, but 2tek had gone out of business before he could use it. I drilled holes for mounting the neck, but the neck I have doesn't match up with it and I'm not going to take the time any time soon to make a new neck for it. I made a very crappy walnut control cavity cover and fully sheilded the cavity with copper tape and conductive paint, but it was mainly a test piece for my lutherie skills. It's in great shape and all it needs is a small amount of work plus a neck to get it going and make a smokin' bass out of it. Asking $250 obo

email: modulus@fuse.net

2. jimmyb

jimmyb An Avid Indoorsman Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Elkton, MD
    you have a pm