Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2Tek bridges return-Thread V2.0

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tekhna, Mar 24, 2005.

1. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Well, some of you may recall a few months ago there was that thread about 2tek being back, so I am wondering if anyone has ordered one, or knows anything more. Some seemed suspicious last time, but they are actually now being offered for sale on their site.
    http://www.2-tek.net/

Any ideas?

EDIT-It is still a PO Box, and there is no mention of patents, etc that one would expect. They do have the routing templates online though?

2. As far as I'm concerned, it is a great product. I have a Hamer CruiseBass with a 2-TEK and it has no dead spots and everything they say in their advertising is true (really!). Just know that it is a big modification to make and it is irreversable. It also weighs about a pound. You will have to take it to a woodworker with sophisticated tools or have them install it (probably the best idea). Preparing the cavity isn't something you'll want to try at home with a drill and a rat-tail file.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IIRC the owner of 2-Tek LLC wrote into Bass Player after they mentioned that the 2-Tek was back stating that 2-Tek.net is not affiliated with them and they were taking legal action.

I also find it fishy that it's a P.O. box as well as the "store" only accepts Paypal.

4. I would tend to think they're on the up and up. They show pictures of it (it sure looks like the original to me) and use the Guitar Player review of the original as well as testamonials from noted players about the original. If it's a scam, they're crazy!

5. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    They look to have a PO box at the main Puyallup post office. I'm just down the road a bit. If anyone can get a real address, I can drive by and see what's there.

6. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    From Bassplayer.com...

"In the New Gear section of the January ’05 issue, an offer to sell 2TEK 4 and 5 string bass bridges is made and the consumer is directed to www.2-tek.net. As I informed you by telephone on January 10, this activity is in no way sanctioned or authorized by 2TEK LLC, the legal and rightful owners of the 2TEK patents and trademark. We have contacted our corporate attorney who is reviewing this matter in order to protect our intellectual property rights. Thank you for this opportunity to set the record straight.

Ralph B. Ibarra,
    Operations Manager, 2TEK LLC#
    Algona, WA

"