2U space carpet rack box

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chris h, May 3, 2003.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I was wondering where i can get one of these in the uk.. If anyone knows of any places i can get one, i would love you for it..

It has to be the carpet type by the way. Thanks
  2. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    If you don't mind having it shipped from the USA, Carvin makes a very nice 2 space Duratuff covered rack for $49.99. BUT, it is only about 13" deep, if I remember correctly. Check their website www.carvin.com. It's the one that comes with their RL600 and RL1000 amps, but you can order it separately. It fits any of their 2 space amps, like the DCM 1000. If your components are deeper than 13" there would be some "rearward protrusion".
  3. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    The duratuff cabs only work with carvin products, they dont use a rack-rail system. I have a r600, and it fits the case perfectly, but it screws in from the top, its really weird, but pretty solid.

You cvould always make your own rack case.
  4. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Modern Case Co. has a rack bag with a removable carpet covered wood rack. Don't know about availability in the UK...
  5. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Pretty much true, Bentem, it's not rack-rail, but it could be used for some components other than Carvin. Depends on what Chris is mounting. When purchased separately, the all-wood Carvin case comes with four predrilled holes in the front, with threaded metal bushing inserts, and four "rack" screws. If you wanted to mount two 1-space units, you'd have to drill four more holes. Just about any 19" x 3.5" component should fit (My Eden WT800 only fits if I remove it's rubber feet). Unfortunately, it's only about 10" deep, not 13" as I said before, so it might look uncool holding a deeper 2-space amp.

Not the best option, perhaps, but might work for some applications. It IS a very nice looking case, esp. on top of carpeted cabs.
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    That's what I did.... click Here
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Genz Benz makes 'em.
  8. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
  9. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    I've got a 3 space that is made by Grundorf. You might check them out to see if they make a two space.
  10. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Thanks for the replies.. I think i will go with the local oxford chap on this one.. (thanks andy:p )
  11. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Great, ive just discovered ive lost the rack ears to fit onto my ha3500 head so does anyone know where i can get replacements? do all 2u units have the same rack ears or will i have to get hartke ones?