Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x gig bag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderx55, Aug 27, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I'm not sure if this belongs here, bump at will. i just got a double gig bag so i can bring my fretted and fretless to school, can i leave them in there, essentially resting on top of each other? I plan on leaving my fretless out on astand, but for now is it ok?
    thanks,
    chris

2. on top of each other?!
    NO WAY HOSAY!

That's a bda idea.... unless you want your bodies to get all scratched up. Plus, if you drop the bag or something, the weight of the fall and the bass could break one of'em.

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    well, not literally on top of each other, there's a padded divider between them; it's like someone sewed two gig bags together. but is it ok for one to basically rest on teh other? will the bridge get messed up?

4. Should be fine. I have two Strats in a double gig bag, and even with the floating trems and all, I've had no problems.

Which one did you get?

5. Aerolithe

Aerolithe

Jan 23, 2005
    Columbia, MO
    I've never used one and can't tell you anything about how safe this is for your basses other than guess since they sell a double gig bag it can't be awful, but I'd suggest you put your basses in so that the backs of the basses are facing eachother against the middle layer so theres no way the bridges could poke/scratch/ruin anything else.

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I just got a Ritter dbl bag... it's killer, tons of pockets, but weighs a tonne with Jazz and a 5v'er.

7. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    yeah i got the fender one from MF, it seems squishy enough and has just enough room for my two straps and mxr bass di (goin back to school travellin' light :crying: ). though, for 2 J's it's freakin heavy. oh, idk how i would feel about back to back, just because your back isn't completely straight (and if it is, kudos on the good posture) i figured any curvature like that probably wouldn't be great for intonation.