Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x HM-2s

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 8, 2006.

1. ooooo...is that going too over the top, one before my wah and one after it (already have one after)..i notice theres a few on ebay, and the low end has one which im enquiring about now:D

does anyone else here use 2 of the same pedal either in series or on either side of another effect?

2. I don't use two of the same pedals, but I really dig the sound of my EHX Russian Muff running into a Morely Wah and into a DOD 250, that sound is so nasty and lovely...
    I don't think you'd want both of them set the same but it sounds like a cool experiment to try.

[HIJACK]
    On a slightly different note, how does the HM-2 sound on bass, is it anything like the MT-2 and have you got samples?
    [/HIJACK]
    :bag:

3. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    what is running an effect in series......is that just running 2 back to back?

4. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    i never actually thought of running two distortions with an effect in between em

looks like im gonna have to get me a wah pedal

5. sorry, guess thats just the eleco in me coming out...in series is just one after the other in the same signal...

its actually the jimi hendrix fuzz wah thats inspiring me, just so i can choose fuzz before or after the wah and change it

the hm-2 is a great dist pedal, my favourite, way better than the metal zone...theres no low end loss with the hm2 either...samples soon!

6. i think thats a great idea, if you want to have the wah->dist. sound and the dist->wah sound...personally i like the dist->wah sound a lot more than the other but if thats the sound you want, go for it!

7. i currently have chorus -> ibanez ts10 -> george dennis wah -> Boss Hm-2 ->amp...with a clean signal running underneath it....i plan to get a env filter of some sort and put it after the wah before the hm-2....but i was just thinking how hot it would be having a fuzzy wah sound fuzzed up again...ooooooooooo

8. brian barret sold the one he had :(

but ironically, i was talking to a guitarist that teaches at the store iteach at and i was showing him pix of my gear (he asked) and he said, oh i got one of those boss heavey metals, bought it brand new and hate the ^)$^)%^ thing, and he's never gigged with it...a quick $50 next week i say and it'll be mine:hyper:

9. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I was experimenting yesturday, after listening to some old samples I did, and realized that I miss using my wah. It's a switched one but I've always tryed to use it as a switchless (go figure :rollno: ).

Anyway, I ran my English Muff'n (fuzz) into my Crybaby From Hell but I still think that the heel was to "clean" sounding. That's mostly cus of the fuzz though, it doesn't distort anything lo-mids or lower. So I decided to set up the PDDI I have for some lo-mid OD and it really works out well. I now have a crunchy bottom end and a really raunchy sweep and top end to the wah!

I'll try and get some sound clips up today....