Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x10 + 1x12 or 2x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by semborg, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Okey so I will add another cab to my rig.
    (Yamaha bbt 500h with 2x10)

I am thinking of 1x12 or 2x12.
    1x12 is easier to transport.

2x12 means more volume.

Right now I want to buy the 1x12... What do you think?

2. I think this comes down to how much low end boost you want. Either way is fine.

3. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    well the 2x12 cab wouldnt be that bad to transport, even by yourself. i believe its somewhere around 70 pounds. my swr 4x10 was 90 pounds and i didnt have too much of a hard time moving that hog around by myself. a 1x12 would be much more portable though. like muzikman already said... it depends on how much low end you want to add to your sound. 1x12 will be noticable but not as noticable as 2x12s obviously. :smug: my next rig is going to be 2x10s and 2x12s because i want to feel the low end and i want to hear the growly midrange. its up to you really.

4. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I got the Yamaha bbt500h head but went with 2 wizzy 112 cab's. It's all I need right now but I haven't tested them outside in a gig setting. I suspect that without PA support, you might want a 212 for more low end since a larger cabinet will help that. If you have a PA, I suggest going with a 1x12 or even a 1x15. My wizzy cab's are 30lbs. each. Since they are light enough for one hand, I wish they had a handle on top so they could be set back down on it's rubber feet instead of having to swing them to that position with one hand.The 2 of them stacked is still easy enough to tote however.