2x10 avatar vs. carvin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ole Jason, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Any of you guys tried both of these cabs? I'm trying to decide which one I want and can't try either of them ack!!! Anyway, I play at school so I'm playing anything from swing to reggae to rock so I need something fairly versatile. Feel free to suggest other cabs, I'm looking to spend 250-300, used stuff is fine by me.
  2. Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I have an Avatar 210 and a 212. I have never tried Carvin gear, but have considered it.

With the range of music you're playing consider the Avatar 212. The 210 is great. Fantastic, actually. But as a stand alone cab that occasionally plays reggae, you'll want more booty than a 210 can give. (Maybe an Eden? I don't know.)

Anyway, my $.02. Good luck.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I just bought a B212 with Delta 12LFs...a great sounding cabinet...strong lows, great mids (better than with 10s) and nice highs (same tweeter as both B210 and Carvin).
  4. I've been using a Carvin 2x10 for years. Great for rock and funk. Doesn't go deep enough for reggae, the Carvin 1x15 works much better.

These cabinets are lightweight and indestructable. Haven't ever used Avatar though...