Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x10 Bass Cab Plans needed!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tommytoughnuts, Jan 27, 2005.

1. tommytoughnuts

tommytoughnuts

Jan 26, 2005
    i have a gk 2x10 but it doesn't have good enough power handling for my new incoming amp. i've always wanted to build a bass cab and i figured now's the time to try. does anyone have any good designs/plans for a 2x10 that can handle at leas 250 watts? Help would be greately appreciated email me plans Please!!!! thank you! :help: :bassist:

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Try the Eminence site. By the way, power handling in and of itself is meaningless. What counts is frequency response and sensitivity.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    bgavin's site also has cab dimensions as well.

and bill speaks the truth

4. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    If you want some highly detailed plans, you have to go to billfitzmaurice's place.

I ordered and downloaded a set of plans for a DR250 cab and while I haven't built it yet, I fully intend to. It looks to be an awesome project and alot of people swear by them.

With the DR250, you can get away with using only one 10" speaker and it doesn't even have to be a high watt, high priced speaker either. It is supposed to kick some serious booty and all in a 24" x 24" cube.

Check out his website.