2x10? Carvin?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Mar 12, 2001.

1. looking for an affordable 2x10, 8 ohms, for now to serve as an extension on my SWR wm-15, later as part of a fuller rig. what's everyone's favorite 2x10?
  2. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    If you can test some cabs out, maybe try Bag End, Eden, and SWR. There's many others, but some can get very pricey too.

You did mention affordable, but that changes from person to person. The names I've listed above definitely = more $$$ than the Carvin.

The Carvin 2x10 is not bad, I have one. It's possible it does not project as well as the Eden, but I've got an 18 too, projection is the least of my problems. The tone is good for being under $300, can't beat the price. Look for used stuff too for better prices. (buyer beware and all that though...)

See what sound you can live with. Make sure you are happy with it or you'll feel you spent less to get something...less. That is, if you can't live without a more expensive cabinet, you should go for it so you don't have regrets...but make the decision based on the sound.

If the Carvin gets you where you want to be, then go for it. Don't ever pay extra just for bragging rights or a name on your equipment, go with your ears every time.

Good luck! :)
  3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Unless I keep missing something in Carvin's docs their 2x10 is 4 ohms (either a 2x10 or a 1x12 will be my next cab purchase).
  4. hmm, 4 ohms won't work. i've been looking at the swr workingman's 2x10T, is there a huge difference from the pro line? the horn is pretty hissy but you can turn it off.