2x10 or a 1x15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tonedef, Apr 21, 2002.

1. tonedef

Oct 18, 2001
    Carlisle, England
    I will soon be getting a EA iamp 350, and was thinking about which cabinet would sound better a 2x10 or a 1x15?.
    i'm thinking about getting Eden.

2. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Actually, both together should sound great. I suggest the 8 ohm model if you plan to buy one now and add another later.

I would get the 1 X 15 first.
  3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    I agree with nanook. although I prefer the low/mid sound of a 15 to that of a 210. For an all in one cabinet to act as a good compromise between the two you may want to consider a 212 cab. eden makes one, and like all things eden, im sure its a great cab.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Nanook is right on. If you have to choose, you don't want to play through a 15 by itself, even an Eden. Too muffy.
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    yeah, 10's first, then add the 15. 15' subwoofers are slower, and as munji said, mudder if just played by themselves.
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

the 10's would give you a more immediate punch and articulation, while 15's would be a great low note pounder, holdin' down the low end, type of sound.
  7. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Audition the Bag End S15-D. It may convince you that a single 15 is the way to go. It has much better definition than an Eden 115.