2x10 questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RockStar571, Jul 28, 2002.

1. in my eternal search for "the sound" i've realized that 10's are unavoidable i'm not looking to spend too much preferably under $400 which really limits my choices... i'm currently looking at a nemesis 2x10w/horn, the swr workingman's 2x10t, and the gallien krueger backline 210blx...looking for comments or other suggestion...thanks in advance
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

Do a search, and you will see several threads with the same or similar choices.

Do a search for Nemesis, and you will see every owner is very pleased with them.

3. Since it's not been said already...I'll say it for everyone who owns one..(This excludes me) Avatar's are said to be really good....I'm looking into one....:D

4. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I had an Avatar 210 and 115 delivered two weeks ago. I took it to a gig this weekend and my bandmates loved it. Gives a nice round sound and the price is good too.
  5. Given those choices I'd say Nemesis. But personally, when I have only $400 to spend on a cab I see what I can find on ebay. I got an Eden 210T last year in fantastic shape for $325 from ebay.
  6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Ever heard of CGM? Smaller company, uses Eminence speakers, and makes some great cabs. They're 4x10 retails for about $300, so the 2x10 would be less. I've got one on order (2x10), cant wait till it gets here.

PM me and I'll give ya the phone # or website. I just don't want anyone thinking I'm being paid for ads, otherwise I'd post it here.
  7. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Nemesis. I have one, and its got the sound. Bright, punchy, and loud. Not too expensive, either. I got mine for 325.
  8. Hey the 2 x 10s are really good in a stack...Nemesis is good but so is the SWR. If your interested i got a new SWR 2x10 for sale and i'll give it to you cheap.. email me, as well as anyone else who needs one...i got pics too...it sounds really good, but i need the Ampeg 4X10 for more volume
  9. BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I have an Avatar B210 and an Avatar B115. I don't think the B210 stands up by itself all that well. If you're going with just a 2x10 step up to an Eden or other major brand. Eden has the best 2x10 IMHO and limited experience (I haven't tried Bergantino, EA, ...).
  10. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    I've done well with a Carvin RL210T...new is about $300... used is a little over $200. Gets pretty loud, light, handles lots of power.

Consider buying used if you can for best value, but I'm not sure eBay is usually the best value. Prices are often high there, partly because of rookie bidders.
  11. Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    Try Yorkville. Although most people here will say Yorkville is crap there is a few people that think their cabs are good. They are very cheap. I'm getting my 2x10 tomorrow. I'll give you a review once I play through it for a few hours. Although I don't consider myself a tone expert I've heard that the 2x10 is very deep and punchy and you don't even need a 15. And you can get one for $300.
  12. I have to fiddle with the EQ a bit on my G-K 400RB when I use just the B210. I turn down the tweeter a bit and use the mid-contour voicing filter to drop the mids. Pop the master volume a little, and that gets me where I want to be.

But I agree: the B210 really shines when you use it in combination with the B115. Made for each other!