Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x10 standalone? aguilar / avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by emielow, Jun 4, 2005.

1. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    is the aguilar gs 210 powerfull enough to use as a stondalone cabinet? what top is best for this cab, and is maybe avatar 2x10 a better option?

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I think the best standalone 210 is the Eden D-210XLT, which is not only efficient, deep, and loud for a 210, but is voiced in such a way that it is "audible" and punchy even if you're a little underpowered. GS210 is simmilar, but is voiced a little "flatter" and might not cut through quite as well. I love my GS410.

3. I have an Aggie S210 that has no problem as a standalone cab provided the volume doesn't get crazy. I would imagine you have no problem if you put enough watts into the gs210. I use an ashdown head btw and it sounds great.

4. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    which ashdown head do you use? howmany watts? etc?

5. I use their budget MAG300H, 307W RMS. The cab is 4 ohms and a lot louder than you would think. It keeps up with vocals, loud drummer and loud guitarist.

6. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    have you considered the Markbass stuff since you´re in europe?
    I use the Traveler 102 as a standalone and its works great.
    They just changed their amp and cabinet design and you can get the old series cheap at ebay or here
    www.scavino.it

7. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    i use a avatar 2x10 as a standalone. I think it lacks bass. Thats why i want a 2x12 or 15 to put under it.

8. I think the Aguilar GS210 will probably have more low end than the avatar, unless the avatar's a kappa pro model, then it might be about even.

9. I had a B-210 w/upgraded Kappa drivers. It could get very loud & handled 450 watts w/o a whimper, but I want more 'bass'(imagine that).

10. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    for a light jazz or cafe style gig a single 210 would be ok... full band with kit etc. you will definitly want more. Add either a 115 or a 212..