2x10 standalone? aguilar / avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by emielow, Jun 4, 2005.

1. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    is the aguilar gs 210 powerfull enough to use as a stondalone cabinet? what top is best for this cab, and is maybe avatar 2x10 a better option?
  2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I think the best standalone 210 is the Eden D-210XLT, which is not only efficient, deep, and loud for a 210, but is voiced in such a way that it is "audible" and punchy even if you're a little underpowered. GS210 is simmilar, but is voiced a little "flatter" and might not cut through quite as well. I love my GS410.
  3. I have an Aggie S210 that has no problem as a standalone cab provided the volume doesn't get crazy. I would imagine you have no problem if you put enough watts into the gs210. I use an ashdown head btw and it sounds great.
  4. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    which ashdown head do you use? howmany watts? etc?
  5. I use their budget MAG300H, 307W RMS. The cab is 4 ohms and a lot louder than you would think. It keeps up with vocals, loud drummer and loud guitarist.
  6. Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    have you considered the Markbass stuff since you´re in europe?
    I use the Traveler 102 as a standalone and its works great.
    They just changed their amp and cabinet design and you can get the old series cheap at ebay or here
  7. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    i use a avatar 2x10 as a standalone. I think it lacks bass. Thats why i want a 2x12 or 15 to put under it.
  8. I think the Aguilar GS210 will probably have more low end than the avatar, unless the avatar's a kappa pro model, then it might be about even.
  9. I had a B-210 w/upgraded Kappa drivers. It could get very loud & handled 450 watts w/o a whimper, but I want more 'bass'(imagine that).
  10. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    for a light jazz or cafe style gig a single 210 would be ok... full band with kit etc. you will definitly want more. Add either a 115 or a 212..