Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x10: SWR vs. Eden vs. Other

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fake Trees, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Fake Trees

Fake Trees

Feb 9, 2003
    I have an ampeg B2R and an avatar 115H. I have decided that the avatar is to much of a pain to carry around and that all i need for my practices and small gigs is a 2x10. That having been said yesterday i went to my local guitar center (45 min away), to try out some cabs.

I tried a Mesa/Boogie, an SWR Goliath Jr. III, and Peavy all 8 ohm and with an Ampeg B2R and a Jazz Bass like mine. I was looking for something cheep but unfortunatly i tried the SWR which was smaller, lighter and way better sounding than the other cabs. In fact, i liked its sound so much that if i settled for a cheaper cab the SWR would forver linger in my conscience. The SWR, by the way, sounded much better with the B2R than it did with the SWR 350X. Unfortunatly i did not get to try out any of the cabs within the SWRs price range (which is much to high for me as is). On these forums i have found that many people prefer David Eden to SWR. How would the eden sound compared to the SWR? Are there any other companies (Ampeg others) that would be as good and/or better priced than the SWR? I am looking to buy used online because the SWR's $599 price tag is way out of the question and there arn't any used 210's within one hours drive from here. Any and all imput is apriciated. Thanks, and sorry for the long post.