Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x10 times 2 ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikgag, Sep 19, 2005.

1. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    Anyone use two 2x10s instead of a 4x10?

4x10 = sore back :(

My original plan was a Avatar 2x12 paired with my Avatar 2x10 Delta. If I stick a 2x10 Neo on the bottom, will I notice a BIG difference? I play heavy/fast punk, so I don't need a huge amount of "dub" lows goin' on. I've seen other heavy/punk/metal bands playing with 4x10s before, so am I really gaining that much more trying to buy the 2x12, or should I save my back and wallet and get the second 2x10 NEO?

:confused:

2. An additional 2x10 sounds like a good idea to me. In fact if I was running 10's I would stack the 2 cabs vertically to produce a more focused sound that should more evenly disperse the sound around the room.

3. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    I also read awhile ago somewhere about getting an extra couple of db's because the cabs will be "coupled'.....any truth to this?

4. jz0h4d

jz0h4d

Apr 26, 2005
    Yes. about 3DB in sub 100 HZ region

5. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    YES! I've got two Delta B210s that sound great together. I've used them stacked vertically, layed down side by side, and every other way. Gives you a lot of flexibility. I had a NEO 210, but sent it back because it sounded baggy to me.

6. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    Don't suppose you could elaborate on the "baggy" part? :D

7. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Yah, it felt slower and less punchy, the lows were better but the tight mids weren't there. It almost sounded like the difference between tubes and solid state. Loved the weight though.