1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2x12+2x10 or 4x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by casio, Aug 26, 2007.

1. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    Mkay,
    I didn't want to spam any other thread and I didn't manageto find a thread about this topic so I wondered, soud wise and volume wise, how would a 2x10 with a 2x12 compare to a 4x10?
    I guess it would be louder, but not that much, and I wondered if the overall sound would be focused enough?
    just give me your opinions plesae!:D

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I think it depends on which 410. I got rid of two Eden 410's for this rig. It's lighter then the Edens (both cabs TOGETHER way under a 100 lbs.) and more versatile. I went with Low Down Sound custom cabs and love them. I use the 212 for most smaller stuff and both together for outdoor gigs and really big halls. I've played 1800 seaters with both combined with REALLY LOUD drummer no problem. The other thing that amazes me is how big of room the 210 will play. I'm convinced my rig is louder then most 410's on the market although I am very impressed by the Epi 410 UL old Series 1. The two cabs of equivalent quality will cost you more money, but probably give you a little more versatility. It also depends a lot on the kind of music you play. If your playing detunned Metal with a couple of real bassy sounding guitar players it's hard to beat the refrigerators or a Berg NV. But for most gigs I would prefer the two cabs for versatility.

Bassrig.