1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2x12 Cabinets in the $500 range

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gjbassist, Jan 21, 2012.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Looking for a 2x12 cabinet for my GK 1001RBII head. Obvious choice is the GK Neo 212, which is what I'm leaning toward. Other thought was Avatar. Anything else in this range I'm overlooking? Can be new or used.

2. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    I own and gig a pair of GK Neo 212 cabs. First rate equipment that stands up to anything. Absolute bargain for what they are.

3. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    I'm the Squier of Fenderbirds
    I've used a couple in my day--SWR Bigfoot, which I really liked and weighed as much as most NEO cabs, an Aguilar GS212 which has been my favorite so far, and an Uber 212, which sounded great (a little too modern for my tastes) but is ergonomically ridiculous. Next up may be a Dr Bass 2460 (if I can sell my Aggie) which is for sale locally and at a reasonable price.

4. gjbassist

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I've been hearing that quite a bit. Plus the fact that I found a used one for below $400 and I can use the RB's biamp feature really makes me think it's the one to go with.

5. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    With that head I'd go with the GK fo shizzle.

:bassist:

6. gjbassist

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Went ahead and ordered a GK Neo 212 from MF. Wanted to get it while the 15% off coupon code was still good. Should have it by the end of the week!:bassist:

7. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    +1, I cannot think of one thing that disappoints me about my GK Neo 212-II plus it would match your head in brand. Snazzy!

8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Genz Benz Neo 212's go between $500-$600 depending on their used condition.