2x12 compared to 1x15 and looking for best price on Aguilar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by weeks82, Feb 16, 2004.

1. weeks82

Oct 10, 2001
    Southern NH
    Hi all,

I did some searching of previous posts and didn't find the answer I was looking for.

I play in a fairly loud rock band (heavy handed drummer and 3 guitars, as well as keyboards) I have a little trouble cutting through sometimes.

I'm using a 4x10 and 1x15 right now with a Mackie 1400i and Kern Preamp. I run it bridged with a 4 ohm load (both cabs)

Basically Im wondering how swapping out the 1x15 for a 2x12 (Aguilar specifically) would affect my sound. More bass ? More Midrange ? I know it would increase my power handling. I like alot of low end.

Also if I do end up going with the Aguilar does anyone know the best price around on the web, as there are no aguilar dealers around me. The best I've seen is musicians friend at
    $669.00. (Im still waiting back on qoutes from bassnw and basscentral)

Thanks for any and all help.

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The 212 will help you cut through more, as well as give you more lows.
  3. marklinca

Nov 11, 2003
    So Cal
    I bought my GS112 pair from Jack Read at readcustom.com. He had the best price I could find for both GS112 and GS212.
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I personally get more lows from using two Aggie 4x10's than I did using one Aggie 1x15 and one Aggie 4x10. Very suprised, but LOTS more low end, more volume, and more punch.