2x12: Epifani, Demeter, Aguilar, Avatar?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kurosawa, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Would like input from anyone who's personally compared at least two of these 2x12 cabs (yeah, the Demeter 2x12 + 8 is a long shot but maybe someone in here has tried it in their shop). Note: I am currently toying with the choice of running a 200w Mesa Buster Bass head =or= a VTBP-201s with a Carvin DCM1000. TIA, Kurt
  2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    What!.....no Bergantino;)
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the Bergie's nice, but like alot of 2x12's for me, sounds a little dark and buried, and that gooey Bergie sound sorta gets muddy. BUT cant get enough of two Berg 1x12's together. that extra tweeter seems to add the clarity i need.

IMHO, nothing beats the Epi for clarity and big bottom ended punch. not a low mid like feel of a 4x10, but a low "kick you as low as it goes punch".

the Aguilar's midrangey voice is great too, and thankfully, not quite as dark. but doesnt quite have the depth i like. still, i appreciate the lightness.
  4. Looks like it's going to be the Aguilar GS212, mostly because I decided to hang with a Buster Bass head, and Scott Shiraki is gigging a DB359 (also 200 watts) with this cab with good results. Thanks for the help!
  5. I have the SWR 12pack 2x12 cab and as far as I remember I liked it better than the Aguilar I tried in shop. Nobody seems to mention this cab, is it because no one has it or no one likes it?
  6. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I think you'll be happy with the Aggie 212. I love mine, I run it through a DB359, too. It does everything I need it to do.
  7. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I have an EBS 2x12 I really dig (I know it wasn't in the list). Sounds just right for me...
  8. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    what joker said
    the epi 212 is arguably the best standalone cab i've uver heard
    i need 4 of them..............:D