1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2x12 shootout thread?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Before I took my little break from the site I remember there having been some sort of 2x12 shootout between the Aguilar, Epifani, Bergantino, and maybe some other cabs. Am I just imagining things, or did something of that nature take place? Anywhere I could find this thread?

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    wassup, Pete, not diggin' the pair of 1x12's?

recently, i played a DB690/728 setup thru a GS112, and forgot how incredible that combo sounded! makin' me really wanna add a 728 to me own rig. loved it more than the GS410, i plugged the same rig into. go figure...

3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    This is the only thread of that nature that I remember.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I do recall there being another thread from a fellow across the Pond asking about the Eden 212XLT and one or two others, possibly the Epi T-212. I know that I responded.

However, to the question at hand, the two that I would say must be on your short list would be the Epifani (which is my choice in a "traditional" 2x12 configuration), and the Accugroove Whappo, Jr. (which is not really a "traditional" 2x12, seeing as how it has a mid, two tweeters, and two totally different 12" drivers - each in their own sealed box within a box). Don't discount the Accugroove cabs because of their high price. Wait until you hear them. Very impressive stuff. Not that the Epi is all that cheap, either. I hear that the Ultra Light 12" cabs may be available now, so you may want to check with the guys at Epi.

Happy hunting, Tom.