2x12 shootout thread?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Before I took my little break from the site I remember there having been some sort of 2x12 shootout between the Aguilar, Epifani, Bergantino, and maybe some other cabs. Am I just imagining things, or did something of that nature take place? Anywhere I could find this thread?
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    wassup, Pete, not diggin' the pair of 1x12's?

recently, i played a DB690/728 setup thru a GS112, and forgot how incredible that combo sounded! makin' me really wanna add a 728 to me own rig. loved it more than the GS410, i plugged the same rig into. go figure...
  3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    This is the only thread of that nature that I remember.
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I do recall there being another thread from a fellow across the Pond asking about the Eden 212XLT and one or two others, possibly the Epi T-212. I know that I responded.

However, to the question at hand, the two that I would say must be on your short list would be the Epifani (which is my choice in a "traditional" 2x12 configuration), and the Accugroove Whappo, Jr. (which is not really a "traditional" 2x12, seeing as how it has a mid, two tweeters, and two totally different 12" drivers - each in their own sealed box within a box). Don't discount the Accugroove cabs because of their high price. Wait until you hear them. Very impressive stuff. Not that the Epi is all that cheap, either. I hear that the Ultra Light 12" cabs may be available now, so you may want to check with the guys at Epi.

Happy hunting, Tom.