Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x15 + 1x10 ?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by semborg, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Hello, I was wondering about Cabinets Size, and combinations.
    Is it possible, for example, to use one 2x15 cab with one 1x10?!
    Will you blow the 1x10? or will the 2x15 cab have very low volume?

Thank you.

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Assuming everything is wired the "normal" way your amp "sees" both cabinets as a single load with 1/2 the resistance of one cab (assuming they are both the same).

So you can't blow a 110 by teaming it with a 215, nor will you suck power from the 215 by adding the 110. What they'd actually sound like I'm not sure, the flavor of the 215 would definately be dominant (assuming you are running full range, not biamp).

Probably not an ideal setup, but not one that would really mess anything up simply because of its speaker configuration.

3. what is biamp? fullrange?
    thanks

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    You'd be much better going with a 210 instead of a single 10" as the 15's would start to overpower the 10 (In terms of sound) i'd think. Unless you had a 2x15" with some 6"s or something (ie. LDS cabs). I'm personally not a fan of single 10" cabinets though. I've never found one loud enough to do a small gig for me, more of a bedroom practice speaker on it's own.

5. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Biamp is when you have the high and low frequencies of your signal directed into different cabs (say highs going into a 410 and lows into a 115), either through the use of a biamp capable head or a crossover of some kind.

Full range is when you have the entire bass signal going into one, or both, cabs.

Also, I've never even heard of a single 10" speaker in cabinet form, does anyone make such an animal?

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I know Eden does. There'd be a few that I can't think of right now, and wouldn't want to guess if i was wrong.